Wednesday, March 20, 2013

On Building Bricks and Religion


I am obsessed with two-legged weapons platforms :)
     I've recently bought some cheap "Not Lego" bricks from Divisoria, of course, made in China and surprisingly for knock-offs the quality is really nice. I've read somewhere that the mind works better when the body is doing mechanical work. This is so true in my case as I find it easier to think when I am tinkering with my kits or my bricks.

The mech on the right by the way is based off a model I built from one of those playing/thinking sessions and hopefully over the weekend I'd get to draw it out some more.
_____________________________

I've been thinking a lot recently about religion, not faith, because those two things are different.

There is a lot of anti-religion sentiments floating around Facebook and I have, for the most part, wanted to engage in a lot of discussions about them but then I've decided they will all just be pointless exchange of words. One simply cannot debate over which religion is better because the parameters to be used in determining the legitimacy (and the "rightness and wrongness") of ones faith is dependent on the doctrines of whatever religion one is practicing. Unless both parties agree on certain basic guidelines to follow it will just be an endless tirade of one side negating the other's statements. There will always be bias towards what you believe in, whether it be God or Science and believing in one or the other does not make you any better than the other guy.

For me the only thing that matters is when you are hurting people or stepping on other people's rights when you practice your religion or your science. Other than that it's all just a matter of respect and tolerance for people to go with what they believe in.


No comments:

Post a Comment